Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My daily advice from the "Higher Powers"

I REALLY only read these things for entertainment, and while I'm not so arrogant that I can say with absolute certainty that things like, psychics, ghosts, God, etc...don't exist but I'm pretty certain that the daily horoscopes and tarot card readings that you can sign up for online, and pop up in your e-mail are the most reliable source for this type of info. That being said, lately I've been very surprised at how accurate some of the topics and specific messages have been in relation the things that are happening in my life....



Here is your Chinese Daily Rabbit Horoscope for Wednesday, July 16:
"Focus on your home life today, and you will be rewarded. This is a day of new beginnings. It could be a birth or marriage in your family. Embrace it today and feel the positive energy flow through you. Try to spend as much time as possible with this new family member, and you'll be surprised at how rewarding it will be for you."


-AND-


Dear Michelle,Here is your couple's love horoscope for Wednesday, July 16: "A misunderstanding with your sweetheart today could have comic results. Try to be extra clear when you're speaking to them, or prepare yourself for the makings of a hilarious anecdote you'll be repeating for years."


While my sweetheart and I most definitely had a few misunderstandings in the past 24 hours, they were absolutely NOT comical. Thankfully, I think we were able to get those misunderstandings cleared up. I do still worry a little about the whole misunderstanding thing and assumptions. I really wonder how many times my words or actions have been totally misunderstood but never brought to my attention? I have a tendency to get flustered and have a hard time verbally expressing myself, especially when it's about something emotional, or upsetting. I also have a fairly odd sense of humor that can be very dry and sarcastic. I know people who said that when they first met me they thought I was a bitch because of it. With most people (mainly the ones who aren't in my very close circle) I try to pay more attention to what and how I say certain things. With the people who I'm very close to, I don't monitor myself as much. Due to some recent events and things that I've been made aware of, it really worries me that the most important person in my life, has quite possibly misunderstood a LOT of things over a very long time period, and I didn't really have a clue. I can only imagine if that's true, that over time they probably assumed that I had many more negative feelings and thoughts towards them than I actually do, and over time they have formed some negative feelings towards me and about my personality that I was oblivious to, and didn't have much control over. Add that to the frequent often incorrect assumptions about my views and expected reactions to certain things, people, events, and values just makes me totally ill.

If our relationship becomes permanently harmed because of something that I really had no control over, and from inaccurate assumptions and wrong interpretations that would quite possibly be one of the most tragic things I could ever imagine. I wonder what this person really thinks in regards to how I feel about them? If they thought I was frequently being bitchy, and pissed off at them all of the time then they are totally wrong. Maybe this will help them and me to understand why I've been so confused lately, and so caught off guard by recent events. Truth be told, it was VERY RARE that this person ever made me angry, or did/said things that pissed me off. I always enjoyed their company, talking to them, basically doing everything with them. That wouldn't have been the case if I was pissed all of the time. This does explain a little bit though, why this person always said that we argued and didn't get along, a LOT and on a frequent cycle. I've always disagreed with that assessment, and was baffled at the frequency in which they said this occurred. I wonder how many times I was just totally blind and under the impression that everything was just peachy keen, while they were angry/hurt and just privately stewing and not saying anything in order to avoid further confrontation? Oy, all of this is making me head spin, and I pray that this person will see how many things have been misunderstood and interpreted and assumed incorrectly... I'm just going to have to say an extra prayer today and hope we can learn to communicate our feelings and thoughts to each other accurately, and before any permanent damage is done.

No comments: