Thursday, May 29, 2008

School

I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up! ; )

I have made the decision to go back to school, and to finish pursuing my Sociology degree. It's weird that I was such an "early bloomer" for a LOT of things, but when it came to the really important life decisions, I've been ridiculously slow. I have a lot of interests in many areas, and I think that has always been one of the reasons I rarely stick to a decision. I will decide on something, and then I'll get distracted by something, or something will happen in my life, and things fall to the side and don't get completed. Or, I'll just change direction mid course if something becomes mundane or really hard. However, when I do make a FINAL decision and promise to myself, I keep it. This is one of those decisions. The school I'll be attending has a really awesome new feature on their website. You select the degree you're going after, and they have these really detailed lists of areas the degree can be applied, what type of employers hire for it, and strategies such as volunteering/internships/certificates/other skills that will be helpful in getting the type of job you want. In addition they also have a page of links to online resources, and professional organizations. It is really a great idea; it's helpful to someone already working towards their major, and for people who are undecided and need more information about the different educational fields, and career opportunities.

It's a really good feeling to have this decision made, and to have an idea of where my career life is headed. Plus it's always nice to be excited about something, and to have new things to look forward to.

No comments: